Position Title: Communication Coach
Take part in an amazing opportunity to work with great colleagues while coaching aspiring leaders in effective communication at Stanford's Graduate School of Business.
An ideal communication coach candidate possesses equal comfort with written and oral communication and has experience coaching others to be effective communicators. Coaches will work with a section of first-year MBA students in their written communication, oral presentations, and class participation.
The position will take place during the Fall 2012 quarter (9/4 to 12/14). This flexible role takes about 30 hours per week through the quarter with 2 or 3 days per week on campus. Some weeks are more demanding and others less, depending on the academic cycle.
Starting salary is $15,000 - $20,000, depending on experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree (or higher) in English, Communication, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in coaching others in their communication abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Background
- Team spirit and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys helping others take their skills to the next level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to blend creative input with the ability to follow a specific methodology
Coaches must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area. All coaches will be on site two or three days per week.
Please submit the following information by email to Abel_Jenna@gsb.stanford.edu. Applications are due no later August 3, but we may fill the role before then with the right applicants.
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter containing
- relevant experience and education
- names of two professional references
- a brief statement on your thoughts about the greatest challenge and opportunity for coaching MBAs
Please feel free to direct any questions you have to the email address above.