The Stanford Women on Boards Initiative (SWB) is committed to increasing the representation of Stanford alumnae on corporate and fiduciary boards, increasing Stanford women’s readiness for board service; and further developing the capabilities and influence of Stanford women already on boards.
Founded in 2009 SWB:
- Promotes programs that provide opportunities for professional networking connections and educational enhancement, within and outside of Stanford
- Provides a community forum for Stanford women on boards and prospective board candidates
- Offers guidance to women seeking to enhance their qualifications for board service
- Provides access to highlights on the latest corporate governance research from the Corporate Governance Research Initiative and keeps members apprised of educational events on private and public board service provided by the Stanford Rock Center for Corporate Governance
- Collaborates with students on career paths to board service
SWB Membership Criteria
If you are a Stanford alumna with board experience (corporate, public sector, or non-profit), then you qualify for membership in Stanford Women on Boards. Request to join our private online community, the Stanford Women on Boards LinkedIn group, being sure to include your board service on both your online alumni profile and LinkedIn profile.
Members are encouraged to keep their online profiles up-to-date with both your qualifying experience and board service preferences.
- Access to board registries & resources
Through SWB’s partner relationships with a number of board registries and organizations serving women on boards, SWB members receive complimentary memberships with free or discounted access to board registries, services, education and valuable resources for women on boards.
- Open board position job postings
We work with organizations to share open board seat job postings with our members in our private LinkedIn group.
- Professional Networking & Educational Events with Other Stanford Women on Board Members
Each year, SWB hosts its Annual Dinner Forum, a lively, informative, and fun evening, featuring:
- Cocktails, dinner, networking and education
- Keynote presentation
- Small group discussions addressing the issues facing current and prospective board members
- Updates on the latest board diversity research
The Annual SWB Dinner Forum provides SWB members and guests with an important opportunity to learn, share board experiences, and network with fellow Stanford Women on Boards members.
Find a Director Candidate
If you are with a search firm or an organization with ann open board seat, please share your opportunity with us. We will post the opportunity on our LinkedIn group (anonymously if you wish) , and would be happy to work with you to provide you with the board resumes of qualified candidates within our network. Please contact Martha Clark.
SWB strives to be a valuable resource to search consultants and nominating committees. We will help identify highly qualified Stanford alumnae candidates for your open board seat, but do not attempt to make placements or to provide other search services. There is no fee for our referrals.