The symposium will address emerging issues regarding the future of payment systems, with a focus on digital currencies and new methods for making payments on bank-based payment rails. The keynote speaker is Federal Reserve Governor Lael Brainard. Other speakers are drawn from financial services and technology firms, government, and academia.
- Tobias Adrian, Financial Counsellor and Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department of the International Monetary Fund
- Jennifer Bailey, Head of Payments at Apple
- Steve Kirsch, Founder and CEO of M10
- Michael Kumhof, Bank of England Senior Research Advisor
- Sigal Mandelker, recent Under Secretary of U.S. Department of Treasury
- Venkat Rapaka, Vice President at Google, Head of Payments