The Emerging COO: Driving Innovation and Operational Excellence
Drive and sustain innovation and operational excellence. Strengthen collaboration with C-suite leaders to translate strategies into actionable plans.
Agile. Creative. Innovative. And yes, strategic, too. The demands on today’s chief operating officers have expanded far beyond optimizing resources and efficiencies. Successful COOs must also encourage and implement change in their organizations and create a culture that accelerates rather than hinders innovation. The Emerging COO: Driving Innovation and Operational Excellence will give you the strategies and leadership skills to innovate, collaborate, and execute.
Designed for emerging and experienced COOs, this hands-on program blends immersive online learning with six experiential days on the Stanford University campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley. When you return to the office, you will put learning into action working on a specific business challenge for your organization. Over the course of the three-month program, you’ll learn from Stanford GSB faculty with expertise in everything from agile manufacturing and supply chain to design thinking, lean startup, and storytelling. It’s a unique opportunity to develop, deepen, and apply your learning.
Key BenefitsLearn to achieve operational excellence, instill and inspire innovation, and foster collaboration across your organization.
- Develop strategic thinking and frameworks to achieve operational excellence.
- Learn design thinking methodology and mindsets to lead operational innovation.
- Explore how to integrate effective new operational routines into your organization’s culture.
- Enhance communication and leadership skills to get buy-in at the C-suite level and across the organization.
- Network with peers from diverse industries and functional areas to gain new insights that can be applied to your organization.
Who Should Attend
- Emerging and experienced COOs who are motivated to lead and ignite change in their organizations — from any industry and country
- Senior-level operations leaders and aspiring COOs from any size or stage company — startups, high-growth, and established
01 Mar 2021 – 11 Jun 2021
Full-time during on-campus module
01 Mar 2021 – 09 Apr 2021
Module 1: Build the Foundation (Online)
11 Apr 2021 – 16 Apr 2021
Module 2: Explore and Engage (On Campus)
19 Apr 2021 – 11 Jun 2021
Module 3: Apply and Innovate (Online and On the Job)
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
15 Jan 2021
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Stefanos Zenios, and hear how The Emerging COO program will help you drive and sustain innovation and operational excellence, while also strengthening collaboration with C-suite leaders.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
16 Aug 2020 – 21 Aug 2020
16 Aug 2020 – 21 Aug 2020
21 Feb 2021 – 30 Apr 2021