Executive Leadership Development: Analysis to Action
Learn to lead with confidence in this rigorous, three-module general management program for executives on the verge of achieving even greater things.
Executive Leadership Development prepares you to analyze critically, lead confidently, and articulate strategically. This comprehensive three-module program includes analysis and action — with an emphasis on the action. The program’s unique structure, with two on-campus modules and one on-the-job module in between, allows you to apply what you learn to real-world business challenges and put new leadership skills into practice.
The carefully-developed curriculum follows Stanford’s MBA Program across three key themes: business acumen, innovation, and leadership. Module one begins on campus with general management fundamentals, and hands-on design thinking. Then, you’ll return to your office to work on a design challenge for your company and develop your leadership style and effectiveness with Stanford’s proprietary 360º leadership assessment. The third module back on campus gives you an opportunity to get feedback on your design challenge and hone your personal leadership skills with one-on-one coaching. Post-program coaching sessions and a 360º reassessment keep you engaged and accountable long after your complete the program.
Over the course of three months, you will work closely with Stanford GSB faculty, and collaborate in small groups with highly motivated global peers to share business challenges, gain relevant insights, and develop a valuable network that extends far beyond the classroom.
Key BenefitsStrengthen your management acumen and interpersonal skills to build effective teams and successfully navigate challenges.
- Improve core analytical skills required for approaching business challenges holistically and making better executive decisions.
- Develop greater awareness of your leadership style and how it’s perceived by others.
- Enhance your understanding of the critical interface between execution issues and internal and external strategic challenges to the organization.
- Apply design thinking principles to solve business problems — learn effective ways of designing teams, business operations, change management initiatives, and organizational structures and culture.
- Understand relevant psychological principles needed to create high-performance teams and increase employee motivation.
Who Should Attend
- High-potential leaders on the fast track who are poised and motivated to take on significant managerial responsibility in their organizations
- Mid-level executives with at least 10 years of work experience and a minimum of three to five years of management experience — from any size company, any industry, and any country
- Individuals who are eager, engaged, and inspired to make a positive impact in this program and in their organizations
09 Feb 2020 – 24 Apr 2020
In-person and online|Stanford GSB
Full-time during on-campus modules
09 Feb 2020 – 14 Feb 2020
Module 1 (On Campus)
15 Feb 2020 – 18 Apr 2020
Module 2 (Online and On the Job)
19 Apr 2020 – 24 Apr 2020
Module 3 (On Campus)
Qualified candidates are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
03 Jan 2020
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, course materials, and three one-on-one coaching sessions.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Take a sneak peek at this intensive program for emerging leaders from around the world.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
11 Mar 2020 – 03 Mar 2021
23 Feb 2020 – 01 May 2020
30 Mar 2020 – 14 Jul 2020