- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
You are here
Managing Talent for Strategic Advantage
Uncover the complexities and interdependencies of talent and strategy to help HR and business leaders build competitive advantage and drive success.
Talent recruitment. Talent management. Talent development. Managing Talent for Strategic Advantage explores all three, in depth. This is an academically packed week of lectures, cutting-edge social science, study groups, visits from Silicon Valley guest speakers, and sessions to put theory into practice.
Talent is key to a company’s success. It is critical to both human resources executives and business leaders to recruit and retain the very best. That is the fundamental premise of Managing Talent for Strategic Advantage. Working with Stanford GSB faculty, you’ll cover topics like leadership, compensation, and culture.
You will examine the strategic impact of human resources and learn dynamic frameworks to enable your organization to adapt quickly and seize new opportunities. Because this program brings together human resources executives and business leaders, you will also gain diverse insights that will benefit your entire organization.
Key BenefitsUnderstand how to connect your talent brand with your customer brand to recruit, manage, and develop the very best talent.
- Learn from diverse perspectives and the cross-fertilization of ideas among executives with varying HR and business interests, skills, and abilities.
- Develop more effective negotiation, decision-making, and communication skills relevant to HR processes.
- Design or redesign jobs, executive compensation agreements, and hiring practices.
- Develop talent-related initiatives, and sell them to business leaders.
- Network and exchange information and ideas with HR practitioners and business leaders.
Who Should Attend
- Human resources and business executives with at least 10 to 15 years of management experience
- Executives who have the ability to influence talent decisions and strategic direction — from any size company, any industry, and any country
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
07 Jul 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Hayagreeva Rao, and see how this program can help you align your human resources and business strategies to achieve success.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Atholl McBean Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resources
- Co-Director, Customer-Focused Innovation
- Director, Managing Talent for Strategic Advantage
- Co-Director, Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate
Explore Related Programs
26 Feb 2017 – 05 May 2017
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
08 Jan 2017 – 28 Apr 2017