Lecturer in Finance
Douglas Abbey is a co-founder of IHP Capital Partners, a provider of equity to homebuilders and a developer of horizontal apartments. He previously co-founded two investment management organizations: AMB Property Corporation (merged with Prologis: NYSE), now the largest global industrial REIT, and Swift Real Estate Partners, a value-add office investor.
He is a past Global Board member of the Urban Land Institute, the past Chairman of the ULI Foundation and the Chair of the ULIF Capital Campaign: Our Cities: Our Future. He is an emeritus board member after serving 20 years of Bridge Housing, the leading non-profit affordable housing developer on the west coast. Mr. Abbey is a supporter of the Abbey Master in Real Estate Development + Design at UC Berkeley. He is also a Governor of the Nantucket Yacht Club. Since 2005, he has taught the real estate class at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Mr. Abbey holds a BA from Amherst College and an MCP from UC Berkeley.
- MCP, UC Berkeley, 1979
- BA, Amherst College, 1971
- At Stanford since 2005
- Cofounder, IHP Capital Partners, 1991-present
- Cofounder, AMB Property Corp., 1983-present
- Vice President, John McMahan Associates, 1978-1983
- Senior Associate, Gladstone Associates, 1975-1977
Stanford Case Studies
Service to the Profession
- Past Chairman, Golden Gate University
- Past Vice Chairman, Urban Land Institute
- Trustee, Bridge Housing Corporation