Alternative Energy eTrack: Jump-Start Guide
This database offers comprehensive coverage on clean technologies and alternative energy industry sectors worldwide. It contains detailed information on companies, deals, key events, and in-depth industry research.
How to Search
- Keyword search - search for relevant information across the entire database by entering your query in the Search text box at top right. Screen results by selecting a category in the left panel.
- Browse search - select a main page from the top bar menu, and then refine your search by selecting filters in the left panel.
Home - The page opens as a gateway to the database contents by featuring the latest industry news, deals, statistics, research and more.
Companies - Contains detailed companies' profiles including key financials and ratios, SWOT analysis and more. Two menu choices, Finder and Benchmarking, let you create custom lists and compare financial performance of peer companies.
Databases - Provides statistics on the following topics: Capacity and Generation, Production Capacity, Equipment Markets, Equipment Profiles, Contracts, and Plants. The coverage varies by industry sector, e.g. Wind Power, Hydro Power, etc.
Countries - Contains data and statistics on alternative energy markets and technologies on individual country level.
Deals - Covers all major types of deals related to alternative energy industry, e.g. mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, equity and debt offerings etc. Two menu choices, Advanced Search and Finder, let you create custom lists of deals.
News - Offers news stories written by Alternative Energy eTrack analysts covering all major global events pertaining to the industry. Multiple screening capabilities let you customize your news search.
Research - Contains in-depth industry research, detailed companies profiles, analysis of deals, articles on industry development and trends. Each page offers a different combination of filtering capabilities by technology, geography, or company.
Printing - With the industry analysis report open, print sections or full report by clicking at top right.
Downloading to Excel - Copy and paste tables into Excel page by page.
Find US venture capital companies which invest in alternative energy sector
1. From the top menu, select Deals > Finder > PE /VC Firms.
2. In Firm Type section, select Venture Capital.
3. In Select Firm Location box on left, select North America.
4. Results include US and Canadian firms sorted by the number of deals.
Find companies in US which purchase alternative energy technologies
1. From the top menu, select Companies > Finder.
2. At the bottom of the box on right, click Power Purchases.
3. In Select Country box on left, select united States.
4. Optional: Select Technology.