Welcome to the GSB!
Before getting started, note that there are several important differences between GSB and University courses. They are summarized below, though it is your responsibility to read and understand the full policy.
- GSB courses have limited capacity.
- GSB deadlines are different and often earlier than University deadlines. There is no option to withdraw from a GSB course.
- GSB letter grades are the following: H (Honors), HP (High Pass), P (Pass), LP (Low Pass), U (Fail). GSB pass/fail grades are denoted by a “+” (Pass) and a “U” (Fail) rather than “CR” (Credit) or “NC” (No Credit).
- GSB units are not variable.
Once you have familiarized yourself with the above policies, proceed with the registration process below.
How to Register for GSB Courses
- Review the GSB elective courses for non-GSB students listed under the Course Listings tab on the navigation bar. Additional course description information is available on Explore Courses.
- Submit a Non-GSB Add Request. (You must log in via your @Stanford account. If you see "You need permission to access the item", click Choose a different account, then Sign in to another account. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Sign in to be taken to Stanford's authentication page.)
- If instructor approval is required, email the instructor and forward the approval to GSB Academic Operations at email@example.com. Your request will not be processed until instructor approval is received. Note that instructor approval does not guarantee you a seat in the class.
- Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, though note that you may not be notified about your permission status until very close to the GSB Add/Drop deadline. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions tab, which includes information about how to register for GSB courses, as well as GSB Grading. If you still have questions, please contact GSB Academic Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.