The application deadlines below apply to the MBA Class of 2017 (entering Fall 2015). Looking for Class of 2018 deadlines? Stay in Touch and we’ll email you when they’re available.
|Deadline||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|Submit your application by1||01 Oct 2014||07 Jan 2015||01 Apr 2015|
|We will notify you on2||10 Dec 2014||25 Mar 2015||06 May 2015|
|Your reply and deposit are due by||12 Feb 2015||30 Apr 2015||28 May 2015|
15:00pm Pacific Time, including your letters of reference. We cannot guarantee that we will review information you send to the MBA Admissions Office after the deadline of the round in which you apply.
2See “Decision Notification” section below.
Selecting an Application Round
Though you may apply in any one of the three application rounds each year, we suggest you apply only when you feel your application is as strong as it can be.
If you plan to apply in round one or two, we strongly encourage you to apply in round one. Over the last few years, the number of applications we receive in round two has increased, making it more competitive.
Do not rush your application, but submitting it earlier is better. While we admit outstanding individuals in all three rounds, there are some advantages to applying in either the first or second round, including:
- The ability to receive a need-based financial aid award from the Financial Aid Office prior to the date by which you must respond to your offer of admission.
- Ample time to complete recommended quantitative and/or language coursework prior to arrival on campus.
- Access to the on-campus housing lottery and/or Schwab Residential Center housing.
- Sufficient time to complete the visa application process (international students).
- The opportunity to attend Admit Weekend (there is no Admit Weekend for Round 3).
We will post your decision to your account by 5:00pm Pacific Time on the date listed above for the round in which you applied. We will send an email to the address used to create your application profile to notify you when your decision is available.
We do not accommodate requests for an early decision, or for decision information to be provided via phone or in person.
If you are offered admission, we want you to make an informed decision; for this reason, we may share limited information with Stanford GSB alumni and/or current students who may contact you to welcome you to the Stanford community and answer any questions you have.