Who Should Apply
You are invited to apply if you are a college junior, a college senior, or a recent graduate. SIGM is intended for non-business majors.
- If you are a recent graduate or a graduate student, you should have completed your undergraduate degree within the past two years.
By summer 2014:
- Domestic applicants must have completed two years of study toward a four-year undergraduate degree.
- International applicants must have completed two years of study toward a three-year undergraduate degree.
As part of the online application, you will be asked to provide:
- Contact and background information
- Answers to two essay questions (a maximum of 1,000 words)
- Contact information for two individuals (at least one professor) who will provide letters of recommendation
- Your current resume (file upload)
- Unofficial transcripts (file upload)
- TOEFL score if required (see below)
You will be able to send your requests for the letters of recommendation through the online application.
If admitted to the program, you will need to submit an official transcript from each institution you have attended.
English Language Testing Requirement
A TOEFL test score is required for international students if:
- Your degree is not from a U.S. university or college, and
- Your degree is from an educational institution at which some or all of the instruction was in a language other than English.
The minimum TOEFL scores for consideration in the program are:
|Computer-based Test (CBT)||250|
|Internet-based Test (iBT)||100|
|Paper-based Test (PBT)||600|
TOEFL scores are considered valid from exams taken a maximum of two years prior to application program deadlines (April 18, 2012).
We evaluate applicants based on:
- Academic performance
- Rigor of academic curriculum
- Accomplishments in extracurricular activities (e.g., athletics, volunteer activities, and contributions to student or community organizations)
- Work or internship experience
- Leadership experience
You will be notified of your admission status via email, approximately four weeks after each deadline.
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applications submitted, we are unable to provide feedback to denied applicants. All admission decisions are final.
You must complete and submit your application online. You may only submit one application per admission year.
Our admissions office reserves the right to verify that information and documents submitted as part of your application are complete and accurate.