Created by funders and organizers of color in 2017, JustFund’s mission is to transform philanthropy to move more money, more easily to more organizations addressing social and racial equity. Its unique online portal allows nonprofits to submit one common application and funders can search and filter across a wide range of variables. In 2018, JustFund served 8 funds and moved $2.8M, in 2020 it served 32 funds and moved $60M with over 90% to organizations serving BIPOC communities.
How can JustFund best position itself to grow aggressively?
Of the $470 Billion in philanthropy in 2020, less than 10% went to organizations serving communities of color. The current grant-making process can be exclusive and expensive, accessible to only select nonprofits with the right expertise and networks. JustFund is committed to address these structural inequities and create systematic change. It has demonstrated its value but it is a small organization and needs to develop a plan for sustained growth and impact.
JustFund is requesting ACT’s help to build strategic foundations for its growth. Key elements of the project will be:
- Review and assessment of market size and opportunities with special attention to the priority of client types (12 identified)
- Review and assessment of pricing models
- Review and recommendation for best corporate structure to facilitate revenue growth and investment in combination with 501(c)(3) status.
This project will likely be followed by a marketing communications project.
This is a Fast Track project:
- Scope: Focused, specific organizational issue
- Team Size: 2-3 consultants
- Project Duration: 3 months
- Estimated Time Contribution: 25-30 hrs total (per consultant)
Read more about the Fast Track Project Consultant role.