Interpersonal Dynamics Introductory T-group Seminar
This training is designed to increase your interpersonal skills — to enable you to:
- Communicate in a more congruent fashion
- Be more fully yourself and express more parts of yourself
- Be in touch with your emotions and express them in appropriate ways
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a way that strengthens relationships
- Raise and resolve difficult interpersonal issues that may arise in the group
- Build more open, trusting relationships
- Engage in self-disclosure in a manner that promotes inquiry and dialogue
- Understand the dynamics of small group interactions
- Better appreciate and explore the impact of all forms of diversity and differences that exist in teams or groups of people, including race, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation
Who Should Attend?
The seminar is especially geared towards individuals who are interested in applying to Stanford GSB’s Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program and who want to gain exposure to T-groups in anticipation of this.
The training is a mutual “getting to know you” opportunity: You get to know us and how we do this work, and we get to know you and how this approach works for you. Subsequent to the seminar, training leaders will provide input to the program on your potential as a trainee facilitator.
We encourage people of different backgrounds to attend the seminar and to join our learning community at Stanford. To ensure a balanced pool of attendees, acceptance to the seminar may not be made exclusively on a first-come, first-served basis, but also with an eye to creating a richly diverse group. The training can be especially rich given the diversity of those attending.
The seminar is also open to partners of present facilitators, and to those who have not attended a T-group.
- Couples cannot share a T-group.
- Stanford employees are welcome to participate in the Introductory T-group Seminar but are not currently permitted to apply to the Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program.
Registration has now closed.
Notification and Cancellation Policy
Accepted and wait-listed candidates will be contacted on Friday, January 15. Instructions, logistics, and further reading material will follow. Accepted candidates will have until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, January 18 to withdraw. Reimbursements for cancellations after this date will not be issued.
- $800 (We offer a limited number of scholarships, up to 50%. Details are on the application form.)
Deadline to Register
|Thursday, January 28||6:30pm – 9:30pm|
|Friday, January 29||9:30am – 9:30pm|
|Saturday, January 30||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday, February 4||6:30pm – 9:30pm|
|Friday, February 5||9:30am – 9:30pm|
|Saturday, February 6||9:30am – 5:00pm|