Interpersonal Dynamics Introductory T-group Weekends
This training is designed to increase your interpersonal skills — to enable you to:
- Communicate in a more congruent fashion
- Be more fully yourself and express more parts of yourself
- Be in touch with your emotions and express them in appropriate ways
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a way that strengthens relationships
- Raise and resolve difficult interpersonal issues that may arise in the group
- Build more open, trusting relationships
- Engage in self-disclosure in a manner that promotes inquiry and dialogue
- Understand the dynamics of small group interactions
- Better appreciate and explore the impact of all forms of diversity and differences that exist in teams or groups of people, including race, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation
Who Should Attend?
The weekend is especially geared towards individuals who are interested in applying to Stanford GSB’s Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program and who want to gain exposure to T-groups in anticipation of this.
The training is a mutual “getting to know you” opportunity: you get to know us and how we do this work, and we get to know you and how this approach works for you. Subsequent to the weekend, training leaders will provide input to the program on your potential as a trainee facilitator.
We encourage people of different backgrounds to attend the weekend and to join our learning community at Stanford. To ensure a balanced pool of attendees, acceptance to the weekend may not be made exclusively on a first-come, first-served basis, but also with an eye to creating a richly diverse group. The training can be especially rich given the diversity of those attending.
The weekend is also open to partners of present facilitators, and to those who have not attended a T-group.
- Couples cannot share a T-group
- Stanford employees are welcome to participate in the Introductory T-group Weekend but are not currently permitted to apply to the Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitator Training Program
Stanford GSB faculty and senior facilitators Hugh Keelan, Jamila Rufaro, Felicia Williams Cosey and Peter Hill will facilitate this experience.
Registration has now closed.
Notification and Cancellation Policy
Accepted and waitlisted candidates will be contacted on Thur, Jan 19. Directions, logistics, and further reading material will follow. Accepted candidates will have until 5:00pm on Mon, Jan 23 to withdraw. Reimbursements for cancellations after this date will not be issued.
|Friday, Feb 3, 2023||6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, Feb 4, 2023||9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, Feb 5, 2023||9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.|