This training is designed to increase your interpersonal skills — to enable you to:
- Communicate in a more congruent fashion
- Be more fully yourself and express more parts of yourself
- Be in touch with your emotions and express them in appropriate ways
- Give and receive constructive feedback in a way that strengthens relationships
- Raise and resolve difficult interpersonal issues that may arise in the group
- Build more open, trusting relationships
- Engage in self-disclosure in a manner that promotes inquiry and dialogue
- Understand the dynamics of small group interactions
- Better appreciate and explore the impact of all forms of diversity and differences that exist in teams or groups of people, including race, gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation
Who Should Attend?
The weekend is especially geared towards individuals who are interested in applying to Stanford GSB‘s Interpersonal Dynamics Facilitation Training Program and who want to gain exposure to T-groups in anticipation of this.
The training is a mutual “getting to know you” opportunity: you get to know us and how we do this work, and we get to know you and how this approach works for you. Subsequent to the weekend, training leaders will provide input to the program on your potential as a trainee facilitator.
We encourage people of different backgrounds to attend the weekend and to join our learning community at Stanford. To ensure a balanced pool of attendees, acceptance to the weekend may not be made exclusively on a first-come first-served basis, but also with an eye to creating a richly diverse group. The training can be especially rich given the diversity of those attending.
The weekend is also open to partners of present facilitators, and to those who have not attended a T-group. Also, please note that couples cannot share a T-group.
|Fri, Aug 18||6:30 – 9:30pm|
|Sat, Aug 19||9:30am – 9:30pm|
|Sun, Aug 20||9:30am – 5:00pm|
|Mon, Aug 21||6:30 – 9:30pm|
How to Apply
The application for this T-group training is closed. Consider applying to the T-group training in February 2018.
Notification & Cancelation Policy
Accepted and waitlisted candidates will be contacted on Monday, August 7. Directions, logistics, and further reading material will be distributed at that time. Accepted candidates will have until Thursday, August 10, to withdraw. Reimbursements for cancelations after this date will not be issued.