What is the online summer career series?
Five weeks of curated career-focused content to boost your networking and relationship-building skills.
What can I expect?
- A weekly email with new activities and resources each week from June 27 – July 24
- Self-paced experience – engage as much or as little as you want
- Webinar kickoff exclusively for Stanford GSB alumni
Week 1: Alumni Webinar - No Networking Allowed: How to Build Authentic Connections
June 27, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. PDT
There is no question that networking is critical in business. It opens doors to new clients, careers, and even internal opportunities. However, just because it is important doesn’t mean that it’s easy. Many people struggle with the typical view of networking — big rooms full of people exchanging small talk and business cards. But don’t worry, there’s another way. This webinar gives you the chance to stop networking and start making connections that matter.
Speaker Terra Winston, founder of inTerractions and Principal of inTerract Consulting, will help you:
- Understand the different roles that people in your network can play
- Learn the steps for making authentic connections
- Assess your networks so that it can better support your current and future career needs