- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Design Thinking Bootcamp: From Insights to Innovation
Immerse yourself in a four-day hands-on design thinking workshop, working in the field and with the Stanford d.school.
Empathy and experimentation. Inspiration and ideation. Design Thinking Bootcamp is a dynamic mix of short instructional lectures, demonstrations, and guided, hands-on teamwork.
In this program, which has a 5-to-1 student-teacher ratio, you’ll learn the elements of the user-centered, prototype-driven design thinking process from world-renowned d.school faculty and trained coaches.
You’ll put those new tools into practice right away with a real-world innovation challenge from an outside company. You and your team will hit the ground running, interviewing and observing customers in the field to understand what motivates them. Then, you’ll head back to the d.school to ideate and prototype, test, and retest to develop fresh, innovative solutions.
Your ability to implement the design thinking principles and practices you’ve learned is our top priority. That’s why we help you create action plans for real work projects and provide post-program coaching: so you can successfully execute innovation in your own organization.
Key BenefitsAcquire design thinking tools and get coaching so you can translate what you’ve learned in the classroom to your own company to drive innovation.
- Improve your interview and observation techniques to better understand customer motivations.
- Understand how to define and reframe problems based on the emotional needs of customers.
- Develop a just-try-it mentality through rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Learn how to embrace diversity of opinion using a common process for design.
- Empower others in your company to use design thinking to drive innovation.
Who Should Attend
- Executives and managers responsible for tackling strategic challenges at their organizations
- Team members who want to collaborate on design thinking
At Stanford|12 Sep 2017 – 15 Sep 2017
28 Jul 2017
The program fee includes tuition, course materials, and breakfast and lunch each day. Lodging is not included in the program fee.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Get a sneak peek at this transformative hands-on experience, and see why it's unlike any other executive education program.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Consulting Associate Professor and Director of Executive Education, Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school), Stanford University