- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Executive Leadership Development: Analysis to Action
Learn to lead with confidence in this rigorous general management program for executives on the verge of achieving even greater things.
Executive Leadership Development prepares you to take the helm — to analyze critically, lead confidently, and articulate strategically.
This intensive, experiential program encompasses analysis to action — with an emphasis on the action. Develop and hone your leadership style and effectiveness with 360º assessments and one-on-one coaching. Learn design thinking with real, hands-on challenges. Study the art of negotiation by actually negotiating. Manage a hypothetical crisis with team role-playing sessions. Then, return to work with a 100-day action plan that focuses on implementation and impact.
Experience two one-week modules on campus filled with dynamic lectures, hands-on workshops, visits from guest speakers, and leadership development. Between modules, return to your office to work on a design challenge for your company and initiate the 360º leadership assessment. Post-program coaching sessions and a 360º re-assessment keep you engaged and accountable.
You will work closely with Stanford GSB faculty, thanks to the program’s small size, and collaborate in small groups with highly motivated global peers to share business challenges, gain relevant insights, and develop a valuable network that extends far beyond the classroom.
Key BenefitsStrengthen your management acumen, analytical tools, and interpersonal skills to build effective teams and successfully navigate challenges.
- Improve core analytical skills required for approaching business challenges holistically and making better executive decisions.
- Develop greater awareness of your leadership style and how it’s perceived by others.
- Enhance your understanding of the critical interface between execution issues and internal and external strategic challenges to the organization.
- Apply design thinking principles to solve business problems — learn effective ways of designing teams, business operations, change management initiatives, and organizational structures and culture.
- Understand relevant psychological principles needed to create high-performance teams and increase employee motivation.
- Hone interpersonal skills to increase your impact within and outside of your organization.
Who Should Attend
- High-potential leaders on the fast track who are poised and motivated to take on significant managerial responsibility in their organizations
- Mid-level executives with at least 10 years of work experience and a minimum of three to five years of management experience — from any size company, any industry, and any country
- Individuals who are eager, engaged, and inspired to make a positive impact in this program and in their organizations
13 Jan 2019 – 26 Apr 2019
Full-time during on-site sessions
13 Jan 2019 – 18 Jan 2019
Intersession at your office: 360º and Design Challenge
21 Apr 2019 – 26 Apr 2019
30 Nov 2018
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, course materials, and three one-on-one coaching sessions.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Take a sneak peek at this intensive program for emerging leaders from around the world.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
12 Sep 2018 – 08 Aug 2019
12 Sep 2018 – 08 Aug 2019
30 Sep 2018 – 05 Oct 2018