Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans
Stanford Ignite Post-9/11 Veterans is tailored to recent U.S. veterans who want to bolster their know-how about innovation and entrepreneurship.
Key BenefitsThis full-time program is exclusively for post-9/11 veterans and uses the same curriculum as our on-campus Stanford Ignite offerings.
- Unique components to this program include career advising, visits to local Bay Area companies, and sessions with hiring managers. Stanford GSB alumni veterans will be actively engaged as mentors, guest speakers, and panelists evaluating student presentations.
- Business concepts learned in the classroom span core business skills and functional skills, and are reinforced through practical application with team venture projects, where participants work in teams of five or six to develop a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture.
- Participants also learn how to successfully present their ideas during a daylong communications bootcamp and later apply these lessons by giving a brief elevator pitch.
- The program culminates in final team presentations to a panel of venture capitalists, angel investors, industry experts, and experienced entrepreneurs. The goal of these presentations is to receive feedback from panelists, such as the viability of the venture idea business plan, for educational purposes.
Who Should Attend
- U.S. Post-9/11 veterans
- If you have an MBA, graduate degree in management, and/or extensive managerial training, you are not eligible to apply.
21 Jun 2020 – 15 Jul 2020
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Director, The Corporate Entrepreneur: Driving Innovation and New Ventures
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Full-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Part-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans