- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Supply Chain Management: Strategies and Innovations
Develop strategic supply chain frameworks and discover how to leverage innovation to compete and succeed in a rapidly evolving global economy.
Supply chains are becoming more and more complex as the number of products, players, customer demands, geographies, and uncertainties increase — affecting issues ranging from trade and technology to taxes and politics. The key to success is developing the right strategies to both manage and mitigate risks while also capitalizing on new opportunities created by innovation and disruption. This is the unique focus of Supply Chain Management: Strategies and Innovations.
In this academically rigorous program you will learn effective frameworks and strategies for containing costs, improving margins, and reducing your time to market. But that’s just the beginning. You’ll also explore how an innovative mindset can help you create and capture even more value in your supply chain — to accelerate product development, expand into new markets, leverage partnerships, hone in on the right signals, and delight your customers.
Today’s best practices from leading companies can teach us a lot. But because change is a constant, those practices may be outdated or even obsolete tomorrow. Supply Chain Management: Strategies and Innovations focuses on forward-thinking strategies that enable you to understand and leverage the impact of these uncertainties and to proactively seize opportunities — before your competition does. This is the kind of innovative thinking you will explore at Stanford GSB with world-renowned supply chain pioneers and thought leaders in political economy, sustainability, and data analytics as your teachers. Together, with a network of highly motivated peers from multiple industries and geographies, you’ll tackle the most pressing issues facing your supply chain and learn how to innovate for the future.
Key BenefitsLearn how to leverage innovation to create and capture value for your supply chain in the face of shifting geopolitical and technological forces.
- Think strategically, holistically, and proactively about every facet of your supply chain.
- Understand the impact of geopolitical and technological forces and how to leverage them for competitive advantage.
- Bring innovation to your entire supply chain — from how you work with partners and where you locate factories to how you leverage outsourcing and offshoring.
- Promote and support innovation across your company to enable faster new product development and more effective market expansion.
- Learn design thinking principles to better understand customer needs and build a customer-centric supply chain.
- Develop a value-creation mindset that helps you position your supply chain as a weapon for strategic advantage.
- Create a strong professional network of peers you can leverage beyond the classroom.
Who Should Attend
- Supply chain leaders with the vision to think big, the power to influence, and the desire to impact the strategic direction of their organizations — from any size company and any industry
- Senior-level executives with a broader level of strategic responsibility who recognize the importance of supply chain innovation to their organization’s overall success
13 Aug 2017 – 18 Aug 2017
07 Jul 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Hau Lee and learn both proven strategies for achieving supply chain excellence as well as what it takes to develop an innovative mindset for increased value creation.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
14 Jan 2018 – 27 Apr 2018