Stanford GSB faculty have access to the following library services.
Our librarians and data scientists provide customized research support and consulting, including:
- Research consultation
- Contract and license negotiation with data providers, private sector entities, government agencies
- Partner with Stanford University offices in the data acquisition process
- Data analysis, visualization, web scraping, data preparation and processing, and transformation
- Research computing support for on-prem and cloud computing, custom research applications, training
- Data engineering and curation such as storage, querying of data, archiving, and search
Document Delivery Service
Need an article, book, book chapter, or paper for work-related research? We’ll obtain a single copy of the material for you — whether it’s at our library, another Stanford library, or off-campus.
How long does it take?
- Items available on campus are typically delivered within a day; occasionally it may take several days to deliver a requested item.
- Some items requested from non-Stanford libraries can be delivered electronically within a day, while others may take several weeks to arrive by mail.
Equipment for Checkout
The Library has different types of equipment that are available for checkout from the Library i-Desk. Among the equipment are: camcorders, headphones, various cables, projectors and an audio recorder. Regular checkout for equipment is 24 hours, but can be extended upon request.
The Bass Center building is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition, Stanford GSB faculty and PhD students have 24-hour access to the library collection with Stanford ID card. Use the self-checkout machine to check out items after hours.