The Stanford GSB Library building is closed. However, remote access to e-resources, virtual research consultations, and limited access to physical material are available. See Research Restart – Current Status of Library Services. Refer to the university’s research recovery plan for additional information.
Stanford GSB faculty have access to the following library services.
Our librarians and data scientists provide customized research support and consulting, including:
- Research consultation
- Contract and license negotiation with data providers, private sector entities, government agencies
- Partner with Stanford University offices in the data acquisition process
- Data analysis, visualization, web scraping, data preparation and processing, and transformation
- Research computing support for on-prem and cloud computing, custom research applications, training
- Data engineering and curation such as storage, querying of data, archiving, and search
Due to Santa Clara County’s shelter-in-place order, access to physical materials through interlibrary borrowing is currently unavailable. We are only accepting requests for articles, book chapters, or material if available online. For course-related questions, please contact Lars Flatmo.
Need an article, book, book chapter, or paper for work-related research? We’ll obtain a single copy of the material for you — whether it’s at our library, another Stanford library, or off-campus.
How long does it take?
- Items available on campus are typically delivered within a day; occasionally, it may take several days to deliver a requested item.
- Some items requested from non-Stanford libraries can be delivered electronically within a day, while others may take several weeks to arrive by mail.
We can set aside materials in advance for students enrolling in your courses. When you request in advance with detailed information, we can process your reserve material by the beginning of the quarter.
The business library has different types of equipment that are available to Stanford GSB community to check out from the Library i-Desk. Among the equipment are: camcorders, headphones, various cables, projectors, and an audio recorder. Regular checkout for equipment is 24 hours, but can be extended upon request.
Bibliography Management Tools
We provide subscriptions to software that are compatible with our databases to help you manage your research references and create bibliographies across multiple citation formats.
Some tools are free for any Stanford user, such as RefWorks, while you may need to pay to license others from your research funds.
Faculty Guest Borrowing Privileges
Special borrowing privileges at Stanford GSB library are available to colleagues of our faculty. To secure such privileges, contact us with the following information:
- The guest’s name
- The sponsoring faculty member’s name
- Desired start and end dates for access
The sponsoring faculty member is responsible for any unpaid fines.
Conference & Event Support
Stanford GSB Research Hub’s CPO Events Team provides support for faculty-sponsored conferences and events that discuss, disseminate, and further explore faculty research topics. We are committed to ensuring that the event meets your expectations and provides an excellent experience to the attendees.
Access the Bass Center, including the ground floor and print collection, 24/7 with your Stanford ID.