GSB Research Hub’s Convening, Programs, and Operations (CPO) provides support for conferences and events that discuss, disseminate, and further explore faculty research topics; we are committed to ensuring that the event meets your expectations, and provides an excellent experience to the attendees.
Policies and Procedures
Each proposed event must be approved by the event owner’s cognizant SAD; CPO event staff can assist you in this process; please complete the Event Intake form to begin the process. Note that you can submit this form with very minimal information, but you do need to be thinking about the following details (noting that this can all be changed at a later date as your event comes more into focus):
- Event name and description
- Anticipated audience (who and how many)
- Approximate timing (when and how much time)
- Anticipated format for the event, including how many speakers/panelists you expect to feature
CPO Events staff will respond within two business days to gather follow-up information and begin the process of helping you draft a budget and proposal to submit to your cognizant SAD.
Once your SAD has issued approval, you will be assigned a CPO Events and Conferences Manager who will work with you on the details of your event, including:
- Marketing/communications, including online communications, printed signage, printed agendas, etc.
- Registration and communication with event attendees
- Speaker logistics, including arranging/reimbursing travel, collecting presentations, etc.
- Venue logistics, including reservations, layout, arranging parking, etc.
- Audio/visual requirements
- Meal planning and catering
- Assistance with any other logistical requirements that will make your event a success
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send an email to Shari Haun, Associate Director, Events and Conferences.