To attract the best talent, highlight what your organization has to offer that’s unique and enticing.
Differentiate Your Organization
Identify your unique offerings and positioning. Make sure students understand what you do differently, where you fit in the marketplace, and what is distinctive about your culture.
Incorporate Ideal Job Characteristics
The ideal job opportunities for most Stanford GSB students and alumni have the following characteristics:
- A high-impact function and intellectually stimulating responsibilities
- Innovative company and/or industry
- Inspiring management and a dedicated mentor
- A career path with increasing responsibility and opportunity
- The chance to work with compatible people
- Competitive compensation
Consider the long-term value of hiring students for the summer. In an average year, 15%-20% of all job-seeking graduates accept their full-time job offer from their summer employer.
Understand Our Students’ Mindset
Students’ interests may shift from year to year, so start fresh with each new class. Take a look at the MBA entering class profile and the MSx current class profile, and keep in mind that more than 50% of students change their function or industry upon graduation.