Lecturer in Management
Jennifer Dulski has a wide range of executive experience including leadership roles at Facebook, Google, and Yahoo!, and founder, CEO, and president roles at early stage and scaling startups. She is currently CEO and founder of Rising Team, a company that provides tools, data, and community to turn managers into amazing coaches that build happier and more successful teams.
Prior to Rising Team, she led Facebook Groups, used by more than 1.5 billion people each month to create and participate in communities that matter to them. Her team was responsible for envisioning, building, and growing the Groups product. She also led the 2019 redesign of Facebook, “FB5,” to put communities at the center of the app.
Before Facebook, Dulski was president and COO of Change.org, a social enterprise company that empowers people to create campaigns for change. Under her leadership, Change.org grew 10x, from 18 million users to 180 million, developed a profitable business model, rebuilt its tech stack, and supported thousands of successful campaigns globally.
As an early Yahoo! employee, she held a variety of roles over nine years there, and ultimately led one of six business units as group vice president and general manager of Local and Marketplaces. She left Yahoo! to become cofounder and CEO of The Dealmap, a location-based deals app that Google acquired in 2011, making her the first woman entrepreneur to sell a company to Google. She was a product leader at Google for nearly two years before joining Change.
She has deep board experience in public and private companies and nonprofit boards and currently serves on the boards of WW, formerly Weight Watchers (NASDAQ: WW), the Change.org Foundation, and Arctic Ice Project. Her previous board experience includes roles on two other public company boards, Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE) until its acquisition by NewsCorp and TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA).
Dulski writes about leadership for LinkedIn Influencers, Fortune, Forbes, and Huffington Post. Her first book, Purposeful, about how each of us can be movement starters, was published by Penguin Portfolio in 2018 and is a Wall Street Journal Bestseller.
- MBA, Cornell Johnson Graduate School of Management, 1999
- BA in Psychology, Cornell University, 1993
- CEO & Founder, Rising Team, 2020–present
- Board Member, WW (formerly Weight Watchers), 2020–present
- Faculty/Speaker Executive Program, Singularity University, 2016–present
- Head of Groups & Community, Facebook, 2017–2019
- Board Member, Little Passports, 2009–2018
- Board of Directors, TEGNA (formerly Gannett), 2016–2017
- President & COO, Change.org, 2013–2017
- Board of Directors, Move, Inc., 2011–2013
- Global Head of Product Management, Shopping & Product Ads, Google, 2011–2013
- COO & Cofounder, The Dealmap, 2007–2011
- Group VP/General Manager: Local & Marketplaces, Yahoo!, 2007
- VP/General Manager: Yahoo! Autos, Yahoo!, 2005–2007
- VP, Business Unit Marketing, Yahoo!, 2003–2005
- Sr. Director Marketing - Search & Marketplace, Yahoo!, 2002–200
- Director of Marketing, Commerce, Yahoo!, 2001–2002
- Brand Manager, Shopping, 1999–2001
Conferences, Talks & Speaking Engagements
Jennifer Dulski speaks at CMX Summit 2019 about how to identify the traits of meaningful communities and how to turn your community into a movement.
Jennifer Dulski speaks at the Wisdom 2.0 2014 conference corporate responsibility and social change.