Lisa A. Monzón
Lisa A. Monzón
Lecturer in Management
Lisa is an impact coach and consultant, helping individuals and organizations design the impact they want to have in this world. She offers coaching, strategy, leadership development and organizational advisory services for non-profits and businesses involved in social sector impact initiatives. Her coaching specializes in growing high impact leadership.
Lisa served as a Program Officer with the David and Lucile Packard Foundation from 2007-2014 leading the Foundation’s work in global sustainable seafood market initiatives. In her role, Lisa led a team and consultants in strategy, market transformation, NGO network development, movement building, learning and evaluation, business partnerships, as well as enabling organizational effectiveness and leadership development at a global scale. During her time there, she was responsible for nearly $1B in board-approved strategies. She directed the expansion into Asia and launched start up initiatives on transition financing and mission-related investing, which have led to more than $30M in investment into the sector. Lisa brings cross-sector experience in leadership development, strategy, organizational development, program design, performance improvement, capacity building, fundraising, and research from corporate, nonprofit and development sectors through her work with Borders Group, Inc., Deloitte Consulting, and The Nature Conservancy, the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
Lisa graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in international relations and attended graduate school at University of Michigan’s Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, a dual Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Science program. Lisa has been named a Goldman Sachs Fellow, an Aspen Institute Ideas Fellow, and a Latino Board Leadership Academy member.
Lisa is a trained as a Co-Active coach through the Coaches Training Institute and certified as a coach through the Coaches Training Alliance as well as a facilitator for the DiSC assessment tool (for teaming, communication and productivity). She enjoys hiking, fly-fishing, watching films and listening to podcasts.
- BA, International Relations, Stanford University
- Lecturer, Stanford GSB, 2017-present
- Woods Institute Fellow, Packard Foundation Conservation & Science Program, 2006-2007
- Senior Advisor, Open Impact, 2017-present
- Principal, Unboxed | Unboxing the Possibilities, 2015-present
- Program Officer, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, 2007-2014
Service to the Profession
- Board Member, Prospanica, 2016-present
- Board Member, SF Bay Area Chapter, International Coach Federation, 2016-present
- Board Member, Hidden Villa, Los Altos Hills, 2016-present
Coaching & Consulting
- Coach, Girls For A Change
- Coach, Braven
- Consultant (pro bono), Taproot Foundation