Paula S. Jones
Paula S. Jones
Lecturer in Management
Before joining Stanford faculty, Paula S. Jones was a principal people development partner at Genentech, responsible for senior leadership development across the company. She was also a principal HR business partner in Genentech research and early development, providing strategic HR services to senior leaders across all gReD’s business functions. She joined Genentech in 2006 as a diversity consultant, where she was responsible for creating and implementing an enterprise-wide gender diversity strategy, consulting on diversity and inclusion, launching both Genentech Women Professionals and Genentech Women in Science and Engineering, and managing the employee resource groups.
Before joining Genentech, she specialized in leadership and management development as president of Paula S. Jones and Associates, Inc. For 15 years, she designed and implemented leadership development, assessment and coaching, team development, change management, and leadership communication programs for Fortune 500 companies. She developed diverse leaders.
An employment attorney for over 35 years, she engaged in extensive client counseling and training to prevent or remedy workplace discrimination and harassment. Ms. Jones has been an adjunct faculty member at the University of San Francisco Law School and UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, a senior trainer in Interpersonal Dynamics at Stanford Graduate School of Business and is certified in Leadership Circle Profile, Meyers Briggs, and Bridges Transition work. She is also member of the NTL Institute for Applied Behavioral Science and the California State Bar.
- JD, Golden Gate University, 1984
- Adjunct Professor, Haas School of Business UC Berkeley, 1993
- Adjunct Professor, University of San Francisco Law School, 1997–2000
- Principal People Development Partner, Genentech, 2018–present
- Principal Human Resource Business Partner, Genentech, 2011–present
- Principal Diversity Consultant, Genentech, 2006–2011
- Owner, Founder, and President, Paula S. Jones and Associates, Inc., 1992–2006