Claudia Fan Munce
Lecturer in Management
Claudia is a venture advisor at NEA, one of the largest and most active venture capital firms with over $24B in funds. Claudia is also a member of Broadway Angels, a premier network of women investors, where she invests and mentors many early-stage company CEOs, and the chairwoman of Global Corporate Venturing that represents over 1,600 corporations that invest in startups. Claudia also serves on the board of the Best Buy Corp, the Corelogic Inc, the Bank of the West/BNP Paribas, the Energy Impact Acquisition (SPAC), the National Association of Corporate Directors/Northern California, and the Parity.org, an organization dedicated to support women and minorities to achieve the highest leadership positions in the business.
Claudia is a recognized leader in venture ecosystems across the globe. As the managing director of IBM Venture Capital Group, she served on the board of the U.S. National Venture Capital Association, the Advisory Board of American for Advancement of Science, the Latin American Venture Capital Association, the Women in Leadership in Private Equity in China, the Canadian Innovation Exchange, the Savannah Fund in Africa, the Arcapita Venture in Bahrain, and many other global investment organizations, including serving as the founding chairwoman of the board of the Global Corporate Venturing organization. Claudia is frequently cited as a pioneer and leader in corporate investing and contributed to many articles and books. In 2015, Worth magazine named her one of the 20 most powerful players in Silicon Valley and Inc. magazine followed by naming her one of the most important venture investors of Silicon Valley.
- MS in Management, Stanford GSB, 1995
- MS in Computer Science Engineering, Santa Clara University, 1988
- Lecturer in Management, Stanford GSB, 2021–present
- Managing Director, IBM Venture Capital Group
- Vice President, Corporate Development, IBM Corporate Headquarters
- Director of Commercialization and I.P. Licensing, IBM Research Division
- Software Engineer, IBM Almaden Research Laboratory
Awards and Honors
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Global Corporate Venturing