Those who have previously applied to the Graduate School of Business Ph.D. Program are considered reapplicants. For those that have applied within the last three years the reapplication process is somewhat simpler because a number of credentials are still on file in our office and may be reused. All reapplicants must:
- Complete a new application and $125 application fee
- Submit an updated Statement of Purpose
- Explanation on what has changed since your previous application
- Submit one "new" letter of recommendation*
- Submit new test scores (if applicable)
- Provide updated transcripts or grades not contained in previous application
- Submit a TOEFL score if you are an international applicant who did not attend an English speaking institution
Because the applicant pool is invariably large and competitive, the Admissions Committee does not generally encourage reapplication unless there has been a significant change in an applicant's credentials. An example would be the addition of relevant coursework in which the student received excellent marks, improved test scores, and/or additional or newly acquired research exposure.
*NOTE: Reapplicants must submit one new letter of recommendation. Applicants may use two recommendation letters from a previously submitted application if they have applied within the last three years. You are still required to register three recommenders online before summiting your application.