Allison D. Kluger
Allison D. Kluger
Lecturer in Management
Allison Kluger has over 25 years of experience in broadcast media and entertainment, from network television to new media platforms including electronic retail, interactive television, and digital media. She is also a freelance writer and media consultant. She has been nominated for an Emmy four times. She is a native New Yorker who graduated from University of Pennsylvania with a dual major in English and Communications from the Annenberg School of Communications. Her strength is working within all different broadcast and digital platforms and managing people of creative and technical expertise.
Her varied experience includes: ABC’s Good Morning America producing live remotes, taped segments, studio segments and becoming Special Projects Producer in charge of the week-long Theme Weeks and GMA’s Bus Trips across America.
Next Allison went to Q2, an offshoot of QVC, a shopping network backed by Barry Diller, as a Host and Producer.
At The Global Shopping Network she was Executive Producer, managing a staff of over 100 people and overseeing 16 hours of live production.
Allison joined The View as one of its original Coordinating Producers.
After a move to West Coast, she co-founded the website Sage Street and served as VP of Production and Content.
Post Sage Street she was recruited to join Open TV, an Interactive Television Company. She was Executive Producer of the Creative Team and managed accounts for EchoStar, Cablevision, and Static.
She then helped MSNBC create a live pilot television show for radio host and author, Michael Savage.
Allison’s next venture was to consult with Al Gore and Joel Hyatt to help in all start-up stages of Current TV.
She is also a Co-Instructor at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business in two courses called “Reputation Management: Strategies for Successful Communicators” and “Strategic Communication,” as well as creator and Lecturer of “Project You: Building and Extending Your Personal Brand,” a course she teaches with Tyra Banks, and “Executive Presence for Women,” a course she teaches in Continuing Studies.
- BA, Communications & English, Annenberg School of Communications - University of Pennsylvania
- President, Allison Kluger Media Consulting, 2005-present
- Media Consultant, Current TV, 2004-2005
- Coordinating Producer, MSNBC, 2003-2004
- Executive Producer, OPEN TV, 2000-2003
- Co-Founder/VP of Content, "Sage Street", 1999-2000
- Coordinating Producer, ABC's "The View", 1997-1999
- Executive Producer/On-air Talent, Global Shopping Network, 1994-1995
- Producer/On-air Talent, Q2 Shopping Network, 1994-1995
- Special Products Producer, ABC's "Good Morning America", 1987-1994
Awards and Honors
- The Dorothy J. King Lecturer in Leadership, 2017-2018