Charles I. Jones
The STANCO 25 Professor of Economics
Charles I. Jones is the STANCO 25 Professor of Economics at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research. Professor Jones has been honored as a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, a Fellow of the Econometric Society, and a co-editor of Econometrica. He is currently the Area Coordinator for the economics group at the GSB.
Professor Jones is the author of numerous research papers as well as two textbooks, Introduction to Economic Growth (2013) and Macroeconomics (2020).
- PhD in Economics, MIT, 1993
- AB, Summa cum laude, in Economics, Harvard University, 1989
- At Stanford University since 2008
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research, 2002–present
- Associate Professor and Professor, Department of Economics, UC Berkeley, 2001–2008
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Stanford University, 1993–2001
Awards and Honors
- Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2019 - present
- Fellow of the Econometric Society, 2020 - present
- Charles and Melissa Froland Faculty Fellow, 2017–2020