Directions to the GSB
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Knight Management Center
655 Knight Way
Stanford, CA 94305-7298
View Stanford Graduate School of Business in a larger map
How to Find Us
The Stanford Graduate School of Business, located on Stanford University campus, is 35 miles south of San Francisco and 20 miles north of San Jose.
From San Francisco Airport
Allow 60 minutes travel time. Drive south on Highway 101 (Bayshore Freeway) and exit at Embarcadero Road West. Continue on Embarcadero Road for approximately 2 miles. When you cross El Camino Real, you enter the University campus; Embarcadero Road becomes Galvez Street. Keep to the left at the fork. At the stop sign, turn left onto Campus Drive East. The Knight Management Center will be on your right past the tennis courts.
From San Jose Airport (SJC)
Allow 45 minutes travel time. Drive north on Highway 101 (Bayshore Freeway) and exit at Embarcadero Road West. Follow the directions shown above.
From Highway 280 North & South
Exit Sand Hill Road east toward Stanford. Continue east, turning right at the traffic light on Stock Farm Road. Turn left at the second stop sign onto Campus Drive West. Continue around Campus Drive West and cross Palm Drive; the road becomes Campus Drive East.
From Palo Alto—University Avenue Caltrain Station
The Stanford University Marguerite shuttles picks up riders near the southbound trainplatform. A system map and schedule details shuttle frequency and destinations.
Underground parking is available at the Knight Management Center. Enter from Campus Drive East, across from the parking lot adjacent to Maples Pavillion. There will be signage to direct you to the underground garage.
- One-day 'Visitor' scratcher permits, which allow parking in Pay & Display lots and at meters, are available for $12 each at the Parking & Transportation Services office (open weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Scratcher permit must be filled out for the correct month, day, and year and hung facing out from your mirror.
- Coin and pay machines. Parking is monitored Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The pay machine receipt should be placed on the car dashboard with the expiration time and date facing up. A valid parking receipt (properly displayed) can be used to park in any visitor pay parking location, including at meters.
- Enforcement Hours
'A,' 'C,' and 'shared' resident/commuter lots are enforced Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meters are generally enforced 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless otherwise posted. You are free to park in these areas after enforcement hours.
Nearest Alternative Parking Options
- The intersection of Serra St. and Arguello Way—small lot, quarters only, 2 minute walk.
- The intersection of Memorial Way and Galvez St.—pay machine, 5 minute walk.
- The Visitor Center parking lot, 295 Galvez St.—pay machine, 10+ minute walk.
- Parking Structure 6, at the intersection of Campus Dr. East and Wilbur Way—pay machine, 10+ minute walk.
University Visitor Information
Parking & Transportation Services office at 340 Bonair Siding. Open weekdays 7:30-5:00.
Stanford Bookstore customer service counter. Open weekdays 7:45-9:00; Saturdays 9:00-6:00, Sundays 11:00-5:00.
Stanford Visitor Center, 295 Galvez Street, at the corner of Galvez and Campus Drive East (diagonally across from the Arrillaga Alumni Center).