Participate in Research
Stanford researchers are looking for participants willing to take part in organizational and marketing studies, taken either in-person in our lab or online on your home computer. Studies typically include cash or gift card payments to participants averaging $20 an hour and sometimes more. None of our studies involve physical exertion or medical procedures.
All studies at the Behavioral Lab are administered through a participant management system called Sona Systems.
- If you have a stanford.edu email address, you may sign up HERE to participate in our student pool to take online or in-lab studies in our lab on campus.
- Our national participant pool is open to online participants from all over the United States and Canada. Click HERE to sign up and get paid to take studies.
You must adhere to the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You may have only one account
- You may not participate in the same study more than once
- You must complete a prescreen form
- You may NOT participate if you are a graduate student in Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or Marketing
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen, you may still participate in most studies run through the Behavioral Lab
- Participants will either be individually compensated with cash for in-person studies, an online gift card for online studies, or entered into a lottery drawing for a chance to win a prize.
- Before you sign up for a study, make sure you read the description so you know how you will be compensated.
- Researchers generally pay participants immediatly after participation for in-person studies, and within 5-10 days after the close of the study for online participation.