The following is a list of resources both inside and outside the GSB which may help you learn about Entrepreneurship in China and India. Please contact us if you would like to recommend further links for this page.
- The Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society at Stanford (ASES) offers resources including a speaker series and a week-long summit every spring.
- The Stanford Project on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SPRIE) studies the emergence of regions of innovation and entrepreneurship around the world, including China.
Research & Cases
- Stanford GSB offers Case Number E-198: The Environment for Entrepreneurship in China.
- Harvard Business School offers China: Building Capitalism with Socialist Characteristics.
- The Stanford Journal of East Asian Affairs published this 2001 article on the Development of Modern Entrepreneurship in China.
- The Jackson Library provides students with access to an excellent database on China. More information can be found on the library's public website here.
- The Stanford Lawyer magazine offers an overview of legal issues in China in its Fall 2006 issue.
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in Palo Alto offer occasional seminars for entrepreneurs focusing on legal issues in China.
- Royal Roots Global Inc publishes a number of reports and updates on the Chinese Economic Climate.
- Overview of Chinese Economic Reform and Chinese Entrepreneurshipby Vicky Hu.
- Entrepreneurship in India (February 25, 2009)
- The Stanford Project on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SPRIE) studies the emergence of regions of innovation and entrepreneurship around the world, including India.
Research & Cases
- Stanford GSB offers Case Number IB-59: The Evolution of the Venture Capital Market in India
- Harvard Business School offers a number of cases featuring India.
- Wharton Business School has a feature on India's Rise as an R&D Hub
- What role for Entrepreneurship in India? published by Columbia University
- AltAssets has a collection of resources on India, with a private equity theme.
- Summary of a talk given by Azim Premji, chairman of the Indian outsourcing giant Wipro Technologies, at Stanford GSB.
- Presentation at Stanford University by Sridar Iyengar, President, TiE Inc, on High Tech Entrepreneurship in India
- Presentation at Stanford University by Vish Mishra, Clearstone Venture Partners, on High Tech Entrepreneurship in India
- New Ventures India supports sustainable enterprises in India.
- The Embassy of India in Washington DC has a useful micro-site, with information including labor laws and IP protection.
More regions will be added soon. Please contact us if you would like to recommend further regions or individual resources.