There has been tremendous pressure on companies to satisfy stakeholder considerations as part of their long-term planning and governance. This activity is broadly categorized as ESG (environmental, social, and governance).
This Quick Guide examines the practical implications of ESG and stakeholder needs on the corporation. It answers the questions:
- What types of stakeholders exist?
- What role do stakeholder interests have in planning and governance?
- What are the legal and economic implications of ESG?
- How do companies assess their ESG performance?
- How do outside entities assess ESG performance?
- What ESG disclosure do companies make?