The Research Fellows Program provides a financial fellowship to predoctoral students that includes a living stipend, tuition, and health insurance to support you during the program.
The benefits we provide to fellows include:
- Living Stipend: We give you a monthly stipend to financially support you during the program ($48,880 annually in 2022–23).
- Tuition: You will have the option to take up to one class per quarter in consultation with your faculty mentor, and we will cover the tuition of each class you elect to take.
- Health Insurance: You will be eligible for health insurance benefits through the university, and we will cover your campus health service fee for access to services provided at Vaden Health Center.
- Housing Eligibility: Fellows are eligible for on-campus housing and must be in residence (e.g., at Stanford or the local San Francisco Bay Area) for the duration of the program.
- Dedicated Workspace: We will provide you with a workspace co-located with other research fellows and/or PhD students.
- University Benefits: As non-matriculated, non-degree-seeking graduate students at Stanford University, fellows have access to the wide array of facilities and resources that Stanford offers. This includes access to recreation centers, libraries, and student services.
- Program Office Support: We are here to support you throughout the duration of the program, answering programmatic questions and providing additional resources to support your success in the program.