Reliance Industries Limited generously created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program to support Indian nationals living in India who need financial assistance in obtaining an MBA at Stanford.
Stanford GSB has a strong emphasis on global management education. Stanford GSB is proud to have enrolled many Indian students over the years; they are a vital part of our student body and provide our community with direct and personal insight into an emerging global economy that also is the world’s largest democracy. We hope this fellowship encourages talented and motivated Indian men and women who may not otherwise apply to the business school because of financial concerns.
The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program provides future Indian leaders with the educational foundation to effect positive change in India. Fellows return to India to lead organizations that are at the forefront of growth and development in the rapidly emerging Indian economy.
Each year, Stanford may award up to five fellowships:
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will receive financial support for the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program (approximately $145,000 total).
- Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India for a period of at least two years to work for an Indian organization.
- Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
Process and Evaluation Criteria
- Apply for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program
- Apply to Stanford MBA Program
- Attend Stanford MBA Program
- Return to work in India for at least two years
Stage 1: Complete the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Application
Up to 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will be selected based on:
- Commitment to developing India
- Financial need
Stage 2: Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Finalists Complete the Standard Application Process for the Stanford MBA Program
As part of the MBA admission process, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists must meet all Stanford GSB application requirements, including submission of GMAT or GRE and IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL if applicable.
Stanford may select up to five Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows each year from among the finalists based on our primary admission criteria:
- Intellectual vitality
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Personal qualities and contributions
|01 April 2014 - 13 June 2014||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program application available online|
|13 June 2014
(12:00pm Pacific Time)
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program application submission deadline|
|11 July 2014||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists notified|
|11 July 2014 - October 2014||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists prepare and submit Stanford MBA application|
|October 2014||Stanford MBA Program application due|
|December 2014||Stanford releases admission decisions, including those for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows|
|September 2015||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows matriculate in Stanford MBA Program|
The application includes:
- Educational history and scores: 10 board exams, 12 board exams, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), and/or Common Admission Test (CAT). You may also submit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE), if available. These are optional at the fellowship application stage. If you’re selected as a finalist, you’ll be required to take one of these exams as part of your application to the MBA Program. If you went to an undergraduate college or university where the language of instruction was not English, you may also be required to take an English-language exam.
- Awards and honors (academic or social)
- Employment history
- One-page resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 250-word essay
- Individual financial information