The accounting faculty at Stanford Graduate School of Business are excited to announce a research conference focused on the topic of sustainability reporting and control.
About the Sustainability Research Conference Series
The Stanford Initiative on Business and Environmental Sustainability Research Conference Series is hosted by Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability.
March 10–11, 2023
Stanford University campus
This conference seeks to bring together leading academic scholars working on and interested in ESG and Sustainability-related research topics. We invite the submission of research papers examining the measurement, reporting, and disclosure of a firm’s environmental and sustainability-related practices, the governance role of sustainability-related information and systems inside the firm, and the use of sustainability-related information by parties both inside and outside the firm. Relevant topics for the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Incentives surrounding ESG or Sustainability Reporting decisions
- Economic consequences of ESG and Sustainability reporting activities
- Measurement of environmental risks, costs, and exposures
- Use of sustainability metrics, information, and control systems for stewardship, governance, and internal decision making
- Interaction of sustainable reporting with the firm’s governance structure and activities
- How investors or other capital market participants use, process, gather, and produce sustainability-related information
- How non-capital-market stakeholders use, process, gather, and produce sustainability-related information
- Analysis of alternative reporting or measurement regimes
- Effectiveness and impact of Integrated Reporting practices
- Role of the International Sustainability Standards Board
- Sustainability disclosures and regulation
March 10: 12:30pm-8:00pm
March 11: 8:00am-5:00pm
Conference attendance will be limited.
Important COVID-19 Restrictions
- By registering for this event/conference, you agree to follow all Stanford University, Santa Clara County, and California State COVID-19 guidelines. Future public health restrictions may necessitate the postponement of the event/conference.
- View the latest COVID-19 criteria for visitors and additional requirements for international travelers, if applicable.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of upper respiratory illness, please refrain from attending the event.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within ten days of your attendance at the event, please fill out this General COVID-19 Case Reporting Form.