For maximum flexibility, employers are welcome to manage student interviews.
When conducting interviews, employers must work with students’ academic calendars to avoid conflicts. Unlike most other business schools, students at Stanford GSB attend classes on Friday. However, there are fewer classes on Wednesday so it is often a good day for interviews.
Because Stanford GSB-wide academic events may impact interview attendance, we recommend that checking dates with your recruiting relationship manager.
Checklist for Interviews
- Two date options must be offered.
- For the remainder of 2020, all interviews must be conducted virtually. Students may not travel outside the Bay Area for interviews. This policy will be updated per local government guidelines and Stanford policy.
- All logistics are managed by the employer including the interview schedule.
- Students may not miss classes or other academic commitments for interviews, employer events, or related travel.
- Interviews may not be scheduled during exams or 24 hours prior to exams.