The Herbert Hoover Professor of Public and Private Management
Additional Administrative Titles
Steve Callander is a Professor of Political Economy at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. His research has been published in leading journals of economics and political science, including the American Economic Review, the American Political Science Review, and the Journal of Political Economy. He received a B.Commerce (Honours) from the University of New South Wales, Australia, and a MS and PhD from Caltech. Before moving to Stanford, he taught at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and was a visiting scholar at the Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago.
- PhD in Social Science, California Institute of Technology, 2002
- MS in Social Science, California Institute of Technology, 1999
- BCommerce (1st Class Honours), Economics and Finance, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1996
- Associate Professor (with tenure), Stanford GSB.
- Visiting Scholar, Harris School of Public Policy - University of Chicago.
- Assistant Professor of Managerial Economics and Decision Sciences, Kellogg School of Management - Northwestern University.
Awards and Honors
- GSB Trust Faculty Fellow, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2013–14
- Excellence in Refereeing Award, 2009, 2012
- QJPS Referee Hall of Fame 2005–14
Executive Education & Other Non-Degree Programs
Stanford Case Studies
Stanford GSB Affiliations
- Faculty Director Policy and Innovation Initiative.open in new window 2016-present
- PhD Field Liaison Stanford GSB - Political Economy Group 2009-2013
- Co-organizer Stanford GSB - Political Economy Seminar Series 2010-2011, 2012-2013
- Area Coordinator Stanford GSB - Political Economy Group 2015-2016
Stanford University Affiliations
- Professor of Economics (by courtesy) Department of Economics
Service to the Profession
- Board of Editors, American Economic Review, 2012-present.
- Associate Editor, Quantitative Economics, 2013-present.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Theoretical Politics, 2014-present