- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Executive Program in Strategy and Organization
Effectively diagnose and solve problems using proven frameworks for executing change in this multidisciplinary strategic management course.
Strategic management. Organizational theory. Personal leadership. The Executive Program in Strategy and Organization focuses on all three. Through pioneering multidisciplinary research from Stanford GSB faculty, you’ll learn how to create a strategy that aligns with your organization, culture, and the environment in which you compete. Experience two academically rigorous weeks packed with lectures, hands-on exercises, case studies, and discussion groups.
At Stanford, we focus on frameworks that help you think in new ways about the strategic challenges and opportunities you face — why some strategies work and others fail. We’ll examine the different aspects and approaches to strategy, while engaging in topics such as economic incentives, game theory, organizational culture, and being a successful leader. Rather than getting a checklist of best practices, you’ll come away with the skills you need to create powerful, winning action plans.
It’s a unique opportunity to learn things you won’t find in the news or business books, and immerse yourself with fellow executives in a learning environment that cultivates an innovative mindset to bring back to your organization.
Key BenefitsGain the necessary skills to design and build winning action plans that align with your company culture and sustain competitive advantage.
- Explore how your organization’s shortcomings and competencies translate into strategic challenges and opportunities.
- Develop skills to build appropriate action plans.
- Achieve alignment between the competitive environment and your company’s strategy and organizational structure.
- Use analytical tools to identify and evaluate a business’s strategy and its position in the industry.
- Develop effective frameworks for executing change-management initiatives.
Who Should Attend
- Senior executives with 10 to 15 years of experience
- Senior functional leaders transitioning into general management
- Division-level managers who will soon assume corporate-level positions
- Individuals from larger global organizations — from any industry and any country
06 Aug 2017 – 18 Aug 2017
23 Jun 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
See how EPSO uses cutting-edge research to reveal why some companies win and others fail.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Robert A. and Elizabeth R. Jeffe Professor and Professor of Organizational Behavior
- Co-Director, Executive Program in Strategy and Organization
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – East Africa
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – India
- Director, Seed Transformation Program – West Africa
Explore Related Programs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
25 Feb 2018 – 04 May 2018