- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
The Emerging COO: Driving Innovation and Operational Excellence
Drive and sustain innovation and operational excellence. Strengthen collaboration with C-suite leaders to translate strategies into actionable plans.
Agile. Creative. Innovative. And yes, strategic, too. The demands on today’s chief operating officers have expanded far beyond optimizing resources and efficiencies. Successful COOs must also encourage and implement change in their organizations and create a culture that accelerates rather than hinders innovation. The Emerging COO: Driving Innovation and Operational Excellence will give you the strategies and leadership skills to innovate, collaborate, and execute.
Designed for emerging and experienced COOs, this hands-on program blends immersive online learning with six experiential days on the Stanford University campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley. When you return to the office, you will put learning into action working on a specific business challenge for your organization. Over the course of the three-month program, you’ll learn from Stanford GSB faculty with expertise in everything from agile manufacturing and supply chain to design thinking, lean startup, and storytelling. It’s a unique opportunity to develop, deepen, and apply your learning.
Key BenefitsLearn to achieve operational excellence, instill and inspire innovation, and foster collaboration across your organization.
- Develop strategic thinking and frameworks to achieve operational excellence.
- Learn design thinking methodology and mindsets to lead operational innovation.
- Explore how to integrate effective new operational routines into your organization’s culture.
- Enhance communication and leadership skills to get buy-in at the C-suite level and across the organization.
- Network with peers from diverse industries and functional areas to gain new insights that can be applied to your organization.
Who Should Attend
- Emerging and experienced COOs who are motivated to lead and ignite change in their organizations — from any industry and country
- Senior-level operations leaders and aspiring COOs from any size or stage company — startups, high-growth, and established
15 Jul 2019 – 21 Oct 2019
Full-time during on-campus module
15 Jul 2019 – 24 Aug 2019
Module 1: Build the Foundation (Online)
25 Aug 2019 – 30 Aug 2019
Module 2: Explore and Engage (On Campus)
01 Sep 2019 – 21 Oct 2019
Module 3: Apply and Innovate (Online and On the Job)
31 May 2019
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Stefanos Zenios, and hear how The Emerging COO program will help you drive and sustain innovation and operational excellence, while also strengthening collaboration with C-suite leaders.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
24 Feb 2019 – 17 May 2019
18 Aug 2019 – 23 Aug 2019
18 Aug 2019 – 23 Aug 2019