- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
The Emerging CFO: Strategic Financial Leadership Program
Guide your organization through growth with innovative CFO training that blends financial expertise, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
Strategy, finance, leadership. Experience two one-week on-campus modules filled with dynamic lectures, visits from guest speakers, a VC panel, and real business challenges.
Enhance your learning over the course of six months with webinars, two 360° assessments, and multiple personal-coaching sessions. The program is intensive, thought-provoking, and empowering.
At Stanford, we encourage you to think beyond finance to big-picture, organization-wide concerns. You’ll learn how to make better strategic financial decisions, build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, and develop a more effective leadership style to help lead your organization through globalization and growth.
You’ll learn about emerging trends and challenges in finance, such as mergers and acquisitions, globalization, and behavioral finance. And you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the importance of aligning finance with strategy and leadership.
Key BenefitsKeep up with emerging trends and methodologies, make better strategic financial decisions, and build key partnerships in a comprehensive program.
- Develop strategic skills in the context of financial leadership.
- Transition from information provider to strategic partner.
- Learn new techniques and methodologies related to finance, strategy, and leadership.
- Gain a greater understanding of current trends in finance.
- Improve negotiation, conflict management, and communication skills.
- Develop long-term vision and strategy frameworks.
- Assess and enhance your personal leadership style.
- Drive innovation and lead cultural change.
Who Should Attend
- Senior finance executives with at least 10 years of work experience, at least seven years of financial management experience, and a high level of managerial responsibility within their organizations — from any size company, any industry, and any country
- Examples of appropriate functions and titles: chief financial officer, treasurer, controller, vice president of finance, and other senior-level financial positions
25 Feb 2018 – 04 May 2018
Full-time during on-campus modules
25 Feb 2018 – 02 Mar 2018
Break: return to your office
29 Apr 2018 – 04 May 2018
14 Jan 2018
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Ilya Strebulaev, and hear how and why this comprehensive program uniquely blends financial expertise, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Explore Related Programs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
18 Jun 2017 – 23 Jun 2017