- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
Executive Program in Leadership: The Effective Use of Power
Develop a leadership style and an action plan tailored to your personal objectives that inspire innovation in your team, your company, and the world.
The Executive Program in Leadership begins with a pre-program questionnaire on leadership style sent to your team and finishes with a personalized 100-day action plan you create to keep you accountable and increase your success.
In the classroom, you will interact with Stanford GSB faculty and peers from around the globe. You will explore the sources and uses of power, learn new methods for developing personal influence through collaboration, and come to understand the role of coaching in empowering your teams.
Throughout the week, you will use the results of the questionnaire and your new insights to develop a leadership plan tailored to your objectives and the needs of your company.
Key BenefitsExplore the dynamics of power, learn strategies for influencing others, and become a more collaborative and successful leader.
- Learn how your personal leadership style impacts those around you.
- Develop strategies for using personal power to build strong mutual-influence relationships within your organization.
- Build a strong, cohesive team by leveraging the leadership potential of all members.
- Create a personalized leadership action plan to make you more effective and accountable back at work.
Who Should Attend
- High-potential leaders preparing to take on increasing levels of responsibility and challenge as they move into more senior leadership/management roles
- High-impact executives with a proven track record of success and seven to ten years of management experience — from any size company, any industry, and any country
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
07 Jul 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Brian Lowery, and hear how Stanford's Executive Program in Leadership: The Effective Use of Power will teach you how to both use power and empower others.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Walter Kenneth Kilpatrick Professor of Organizational Behavior
- Co-Director, Executive Leadership Development: Analysis to Action
- Director, Executive Program in Leadership: The Effective Use of Power
Explore Related Programs
07 May 2017 – 12 May 2017
25 Jun 2017 – 30 Jun 2017
30 Jul 2017 – 04 Aug 2017