- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
People, Culture, and Performance: Strategies from Silicon Valley
Gain a competitive advantage using Silicon Valley models and mindsets to recruit, retain, and inspire people for performance and growth.
Talented people are your company’s most valuable asset and, bottom line, your key to success. Silicon Valley companies have proven this again and again. People, Culture, and Performance: Strategies from Silicon Valley helps you rethink, reinvent, and retool your approach to talent management, using a startup mindset and models for scaling up performance.
There’s no better place to learn about innovative talent management than on the Stanford Graduate School of Business campus, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Apply design thinking principles and processes to re-imagine how jobs and organizations can be structured. Learn how to create an ownership culture that drives top performance and innovation. Explore how diversity can be leveraged as a competitive advantage. And discover how data and people analytics can impact everything from hiring to incentives.
This one-week people-centric program brings world-class Stanford GSB faculty together with Silicon Valley leaders, founders, and funders. You’ll also collaborate with other senior executives like you who are inspired to improve their company's talent strategy, culture, and performance.
Key BenefitsReinvent the way you attract and empower your people based on cutting-edge research and a Silicon Valley approach to talent management.
- Gain insights, strategies, and tools to think more creatively and holistically about talent management — beyond headcount, legal, liability, and compensation issues
- Discover best practices on talent growth, culture, and performance by looking at some of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley
- Experience how the design thinking process can drive innovation in all aspects of talent management
- Learn how data analytics can inform management’s thinking regarding hiring, performance, incentives, and talent development
- Discover why diversity enhances performance and helps you compete
- Develop a personal action plan to implement what you’ve learned
- Network and exchange ideas with like-minded peers and Silicon Valley practitioners
Who Should Attend
- Senior leaders who have a stake in their company's talent strategy, culture, and overall business performance
- Business leaders, functional heads, HR leaders, or entire teams who are inspired to bring new ideas and perspectives to talent management — from any size company, any industry, and any country
- Those with SVP, VP, and director titles who have responsibility for human resources, talent management, talent development, or other functional areas such as engineering, sales, R&D, etc.
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
07 Jul 2017
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Hayagreeva Rao, and learn how to gain a competitive advantage using Silicon Valley models and mindsets to recruit, retain, and inspire people for performance and growth.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
The Atholl McBean Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resources
- Co-Director, Customer-Focused Innovation
- Director, People, Culture, and Performance: Strategies from Silicon Valley
- Co-Director, Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate
Explore Related Programs
Strategy Beyond Markets: Building Competitive Advantage Through Government Relations and Public Affairs
20 Aug 2017 – 25 Aug 2017
25 Feb 2018 – 04 May 2018
18 Jun 2017 – 23 Jun 2017