Stanford GSB faculty have access to the following library services.
As part of the Research Hub, the Library and the Data, Analytics, and Research Computing (DARC) teams collaborate to provide a variety of research data services, including:
- Contract and license negotiation with data providers, private sector entities, and government agencies
- Partner with Stanford University offices in the data acquisition process
- Data analysis, visualization, web scraping, data preparation and processing, and transformation
- Research computing support for on-prem and cloud computing, custom research applications, and training
- Data engineering and curation such as storage, querying of data, archiving, and search
In order to help prevent potential bottlenecks, reach out to us for preliminary discussions on a topics including:
- Data availability
- Does Stanford GSB already license the data you need?
- Are there potential alternatives for the data you want?
- Recommend other Research Hub services that might assist your project research.
Use this service to request articles, books, and other physical materials be delivered directly to your office on campus — whether it’s at our library, another Stanford library, or off-campus.
The business library has different types of equipment that are available to Stanford GSB community to check out from the Library i-Desk. Among the equipment are: camcorders, headphones, various cables, projectors, and an audio recorder. Regular checkout for equipment is 24 hours, but can be extended upon request.
Publishing and Research Sharing Services
Our librarians can help you maximize the reach and impact of your work and support you in understanding your rights to use, share, and preserve your work.
- ORCID iD Help - We can help you register for an ORCID iD, set up your ORCID record, and integrate it with other systems.
- Posting Working Papers Guidance - Upload your working papers to an external repository like SSRN for wide-reach and long-term access.
- Author Rights & Copyright Review - Ask us about your rights as an author, retaining copyright to your work, and Open Access publishing options.
- Depositing Your Work - We can advise on where to deposit and share your work to make your work more accessible and discoverable.
The Libraries provide a variety of citation management tools. These tools help you manage your research references, create bibliographies in multiple citation formats, and offer add-ins for Microsoft Word and Google Docs. Learn more about choosing and using citation managers or schedule a consultation.
Special borrowing privileges at Stanford GSB library are available to colleagues of our faculty. To secure such privileges, contact us with the following information:
- The guest’s name
- The sponsoring faculty member’s name
- Desired start and end dates for access
The sponsoring faculty member is responsible for any unpaid fines.
Stay Connected with the Research Hub
The Research Hub is a collection of teams at Stanford GSB that support and partner with faculty on their research, including the GSB Library, Data Acquisition and Governance, Data Analytics, and Research Computing (DARC), the Behavioral Lab, and Research Operations.