As part of its effort to invest in education and technology infrastructure, as well as making state-of-the-art video conferencing technology readily available to the university, Stanford GSB opened the Highly Immersive and Enhanced Classrooms at the Knight Management Center.
The Stanford, California, Highly Immersive Classroom (HIC) is open to all Stanford University staff and faculty at no charge. The optimal HIC experience is between the Stanford Center at Peking University (SCPKU) HIC in Beijing and the Stanford University HIC in Palo Alto. The HIC’s professional, inviting space combined with its cutting edge video conferencing capabilities provides the perfect hub for global collaboration and offers remote opportunities for face-to-face interaction – anything from simple meetings between coworkers, vendors or clients to professional development seminars, and enhanced distance teaching and learning.
- Custom designed seating with a capacity for 26 participants
- In-desk monitors for content sharing
- Four suspended, echo-cancelling, omnidirectional mics
- Four screens seamed together to create a “wall” of screen
- Unrivaled audio system
- Specifically designed to connect easily to the SCPKU Facility
- Ability to easily connect the HIC to any other videoconferencing system
- Technology allowing for up to eight remote participants at a time