Please write a brief essay on the following subjects concerning you and your intended field of study:
- Your past work on relevant issues
- What excites you most about your chosen field of study
- Possible areas of research you might pursue
- Any research projects you have completed with faculty
- Any faculty member’s research that is of interest to you
- Any other information you would like to provide to the admissions committee
We are particularly interested in any projects that you pursued with a faculty member who is writing a letter of reference for you.
The following factors can contribute to the diversity of the entering class:
- Life and work experiences
- Advanced studies
- Extracurricular or community activities
- Culture, race, or ethnicity
- Socioeconomic status
- Sexual orientation
If you would like the committee to consider these factors as part of your application, you will have an opportunity in the online application to describe their relevance in a separate statement.