- Programs for Individuals
- Programs for Organizations
- The Difference
The Corporate Entrepreneur: Driving Innovation and New Ventures
Learn how to translate ideas into action using strategic frameworks and design thinking; then put theory into practice with real innovation projects.
Experience two one-week modules on campus filled with lectures, hands-on team projects, visits from guest speakers, coaching sessions, and pitch presentations at the end. In between the modules, you can apply your newfound strategies and insights on the job and work to further develop your project with team members, supported by faculty.
Every morning, you will learn strategic frameworks based on cutting-edge research from Stanford GSB faculty. Every afternoon, you’ll put theory into practice, working in small teams on an actual innovation project.
You will start at the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school), where you will learn the fundamentals of design thinking. You’ll build a business model, develop project milestones, and create an action plan for implementation that addresses internal resistance. You will work with a communications coach to hone your presentation skills and then pitch your team project to senior executives. This is learning by doing; this is innovation in action.
Key BenefitsGain a set of comprehensive, actionable tools to move from idea to plan for execution so you can successfully drive change and innovate from within.
- Learn key skills and frameworks for executing innovations: finance, design thinking, strategy, marketing, value chain, leadership, storytelling, and culture.
- Identify and overcome the challenges that established companies face when trying to innovate.
- Learn how to sell your idea within your organization, whether it involves introducing a product, entering a new market, making a strategic pivot, or changing the organizational design.
- Build a strong network of peers with whom you can interact and exchange ideas.
- Potentially develop your company’s new venture or tackle a business challenge (guaranteed if four to six participants from one company attend).
Who Should Attend
- Executives with at least 10 years of work experience, in roles that give them the ability and responsibility to start new projects or ventures within their companies or divisions
- Examples of appropriate functions and titles: vice president, managing director, development officer, and director — from medium-size to large companies, from any industry, and from any country
- Individuals from one company or multiple participants who — if attending as a four- to six-person team — are guaranteed the opportunity to work on their own company project, advancing innovation and creating immediate value for their organization
10 Mar 2019 – 24 May 2019
Full-time during on-campus modules
10 Mar 2019 – 15 Mar 2019
Break: Return to your office
19 May 2019 – 24 May 2019
25 Jan 2019
The program fee includes tuition, private accommodations, all meals, and course materials.
Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
Certificate of completion
byStanford Graduate School of Business
Meet faculty director Yossi Feinberg, and learn how this unique program delivers value for your company and helps you drive innovation in your organization.
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
Teams of four to six attending from the same company work on their own project, creating immediate value for their organization.
The John G. McCoy–Banc One Corporation Professor of Economics
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Director, The Corporate Entrepreneur: Driving Innovation and New Ventures
- Director, Stanford Ignite – London
- Director, Stanford Ignite – On Campus Full-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – On Campus Part-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans