Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans
Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans is tailored to recent U.S. veterans who want to bolster their know-how about innovation and entrepreneurship.
Key BenefitsThis program is exclusively for post-9/11 veterans and uses the same curriculum as our full- and part-time Stanford Ignite offerings.
- Participants visit local Bay Area companies, hear from influential guest speakers, and attend professional development sessions.
- Participants work in teams of five or six to develop a new product or service for an existing organization or a new venture.
- Business concepts learned in the classroom span core business and functional skills that are reinforced through practical application in these team venture projects.
- Participants learn how to successfully present their ideas during a daylong communications bootcamp and later apply these lessons by giving a brief elevator pitch.
- Team presentations to a panel of venture capitalists, angel investors, industry experts, and experienced entrepreneurs, who provide feedback, such as the viability of the venture idea business plan, for educational purposes.
- Stanford GSB alumni and industry experts are actively engaged as mentors and panelists evaluating student presentations.
Who Should Attend
- U.S. Post-9/11 veterans
- Active duty, transitioning, retired military personnel (enlisted or officer)
- Service members with a high school diploma (those with formal graduate business training to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
2021 Program Dates TBD
Learn More About the Program
Explore our carefully designed curriculum, and go deeper with select course descriptions or a sample schedule.
Review all eligibility requirements, and learn about the application process.
Learn more about our past participants, and find out if the program is right for you.
- Director, Driving Innovation and New Ventures in Established Organizations
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Full-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Part-Time
- Director, Stanford Ignite – Post-9/11 Veterans