The Seed Spark Program is specifically designed for early-stage entrepreneurs who are nominated by Spark collaborators — incubators, accelerators, and other organizations in Africa and South Asia.
We do not directly admit participants. Admission is only through nomination by Spark collaborators.
An ideal entrepreneur or startup for the program will fit many or all of the following criteria:
- Early-stage startup in the growth or traction stage
- Minimum viable product or service, or a working prototype, already in place — not simply an idea
- Registered business
- Founder working full-time on the startup, with a dedicated team
- Website and/or social media presence is a bonus
- Looking for mentors to help them grow
- Comfortable with an entirely online learning program, have an undisrupted internet connection and proficiency in using digital learning tools
In order to get the most out of the program, Spark entrepreneurs typically dedicate five to eight hours per week to attending live online sessions with experts, peer huddles, and mentor office hours, as well as working on program activities.
For the program duration, the nominated participant should not be running a different business or working full-time as an employee in any other organization.